Sunday, January 9, 2011

Replay: "The Original Rainmaker"

Daniel O'Shea had a flash fiction challenge, and I had an idea mulling that had been simmering on the back burner for some time. I wanted to give closure to the traumatized strip club owner from "A Sheep In Wolf's Clothing," and the rest was cranked out pretty much inside of a day. The "crime fiction" tag is misnomer in a sense, as virtually no crime occurs in this story, and I made a conscientious effort to tone down the usual violence and occasional gore.




Without further adieu, here is "The Original Rainmaker."

3 comments:

David Barber said...

That was well worthy of another read, Cormac. Nicely done, sir!

Princess LadyBug said...

Your words always blow me away, my friend.

One day I just KNOW I'm going to be buying a best selling book written by you. And then promptly stalking you online to get you to sign my copy. :D

Cormac Brown said...

David,

Thank you, sir.

Princess,

Thanks, and I certainly hope so.