Monday, October 20, 2008

Hello

I'm back after being virtually shut-out by the firewall on my Mother-in-law's computer. I realize that was set up to protect my nieces and nephews, but that meant no Facebook, which was labeled as "chat," and no Cormac Writes, which was labeled as "adult." The Missus will tell you that is patently absurd, as the only thing "adult" about me is my age.

That also meant that to access my Gmail, I had to go through Google because Gmail is "chat." Note too that they label Shelfari as "dating," because you really have to beat the babes off with a stick when you tell them "The Maltese Falcon" is one of your favorite books. Of course my brother-in-law that set the firewall up, didn't know and still doesn't know the password to undo it, so I couldn't thank the nice people that came over to this blog and said all those wonderful condolences.

So if somehow I don't manage to thank you all individually, please let this post reflect the gratitude of my family and me. I would also like to thank Quin, Katie and Beth for holding my hand throughout. That order has to do not with preferences, but the order in which we emailed each other. I was literally emailing Quin when received the call, and Katie and Beth emailed me as soon as they found out.

Katie was relentless in a good way with texts galore and the fact that so many of her friends who don't know me from Adam, came over hear to help us say goodbye to my Father-in-law? Wow, Katie keeps exceptional company. I don't want to leave out Beth, John, Shelly, Tom, and last but not least, Katherine. Who not only gave me hand up and also kept me busy with writing, so I wouldn't implode and go to pieces.

Once again, thank you all.

11 comments:

Some Guy said...

Hey Cormac- I switched over to this Google Reader thing and sometimes I miss important posts like your last one. My condolences to you and your family. You wrote a beautiful tribute.

Unknown said...

You know, I'll publish anything you sent Mr. Fuzzyhead. Finished, half-finished, random, stream-of-consciousness - you got it.

JDC

Cormac Brown said...

Chris,

Thank you kind sir.

John,

Thank you much for the opportunity and I'll try to never let you down.

Gifted Typist said...

It's so good not be alone. You must be good friend - albeit a semi-adult one - to have that kind of support come rushing up to you.

Cormac Brown said...

Gifted,

Er, thank you...did you just call me a semi-adult?

Gifted Typist said...

Well you said your (direct article deleted) wife said that your age was the only adult thing about you. So I just took the ball from there.

Cormac Brown said...

Gifted,

I'm kidding ; )

quin browne said...

people give back what they give, my friend...

you are always there to listen, to hold hands, to be just the guy.

we've learned of your family and they are part of ours, now...




i'd have text messaged, too, but, i am not on the phone tree. *sad quin*

Cormac Brown said...

Quin,

I listen? Are you sure that you have the right blog???

"i'd have text messaged, too, but, i am not on the phone tree. *sad quin*"

Please realize that, how can I put this? I work the graveyard shift and you don't want to accidentally wake me up. My mother-in-law I will never yell at, but everyone else including Katie, knows what is like to wake this bear up from hibernation, and ohhhhh, it is not pleasant.

Not to mention that I am terrible on the phone, I barely use the thing anymore. You're much better off emailing me.

Katie Schwartz said...

Cormac;

The ability to maintain a sense of humor in the face of such adversity is a huge gift. You have it in droves, child.

THe Shelfari comment made me scream. OMG. So funny.

I'm glad you're home safely. I hope you're all doing as well as can be expected.

You are adored, Mister C, by everyone. We're all here for you and your gorgeous meshpucha.

Cormac Brown said...

Katie-lah,

A sheynam dank.