Tuesday, December 29, 2009

The Last Links Of The Year

I'm waaayy behind in terms of blogging, and I'm not going to have my Top Ten Books of 2009 up before the end of the year. Still, let me get in the last links of 2009 and go from there...



Editor and Author, Katherine Tomlinson has a new story up at A Twist of Noir, called "Fair-weather Friend," that will change the way that you behave at a bank.

Sandra Seamans was nice enough to include one of my yarns in her Top Ten Short Stories of 2009. Not only that, she turned me on to Flash Fire 500, the site that it was on in the first place. Also on her list is one of my favorite stories from Paul D Brazill, "The Tut," which gives Edgar Allan a run for his money.

Turn about is fair play, so if you haven't checked Sandra's work out yet, let me recommend Sandra's "Midnight Showdown," which was also featured on Beat To A Pulp. It's one of the best westerns that I've read, and it will definitely surprise you.

To finish things off with an awesome dessert, Sandra defends, sci-fi, genre writing and fiction, in general.

6 comments:

David Barber said...

All The Best for 2010, Cormac.

I've apologised to you on my blog. ;-)

Regards, David.

Cormac Brown said...

David,

Same to you and all the Barber family, and don't apologize.

Anonymous said...

Cormac;

How are you, my sweet best online BFF.

I am excited about Dark Valentine and happen to adore one of the founders. I believe her name begins with a K. If I'm not mistaken, we both know her.

I was a shitty blog friend in 09, this will change in 10.

I wish you a happy, healthy, dark (you know how we roll), New Year.

Hugs and love,
Jewgirl

Cormac Brown said...

Katie-lah,

No, I'm the shitty blog and phone friend. At the very least, I could've emailed you more. I'm excited for Dark Valentine Magazine, too, I hope they can pick up where AAM left off.

A big bear hug and a smooch, to my best online friend forever,

(I almost instinctively typed in my actual name!)

Paul D Brazill said...

Happy New year mate.Great to have a hat tip from Sandra,eh?

Cormac Brown said...

Paulie Decibels,

Happy New Year, and yes, it is quite an honor!