Saturday, December 19, 2009

Writing Quotes, Burned-out Holiday Edition


Yeah, my sentiments exactly. While I'm burned out after a particularly taxing writing project, that just might be one of the best things that I've ever written, I need to find new inspiration. And hey, most importantly, so do you!

"My aim is to put down on paper what I see and what I feel in the best and simplest way."

-Ernest Hemingway

From The Creative Screenwriting Magazine's Weekly Newsletter

Last, but not least, a good friend of mine reminds us of why we even bother...

We do what we have to do so that we may do what we want to do.

-John Donald Carlucci

7 comments:

SkylersDad said...

Love those quotes, now rest up!

Unknown said...

blush.

JDC

Cormac Brown said...

Sky Dad,

Thanks, will do.

Johnny Dollars,

You've summed it all up, perfectly.

Randal Graves said...

That last quote is applicable to so many things, being nice to annoying relatives to get crap, tossing so one can drink more, and, I suppose, writing.

Cormac Brown said...

Randal,

Or in your case, the daily ribbing of Über.

Eebie said...

Bravo, JDC and EH! Youz guyz rock!

Cormac Brown said...

Eebie,

See, I didn't recognize you without your avatar! Yes, those are good writing quotes.