Sunday, April 26, 2009

Post-Draft Blogpurri

Ante Scriptum- Paulie Decibels reworked "Sleeping It Off" into "Bingo Master's Breakout" and it was just posted on A Twist Of Noir. Now Ladies and Gentlemen, back to the original post-

Do you think that a certain Paul D. Brazill...



...Bares a certain resemblance to Will Durst?



Is it me, or is it a coincidence that you never see both in the same venue, at the same time?

Of course, they are rarely within 5,000 miles of each other, they really don't actually look alike and there is a noticeable fifteen years difference between them, but don't let that get in the way of an Internet-based rumor.

At any rate, on Silents and Talkies, Paul D. Brazill talks about one of the greatest actors of all time and the favorite actor of most of the writers I know, Robert Mitchum.

Patti Abbott takes on a trip On Paladin Road, think what would happen if Scott Wolven met The Twilight Zone, Hitchcock meets Rod Serling.

Last but not least, Google/Blogger gave away Quin's old blog, lock, stock, and barrel. Just like that, no rhyme, reason or warning. In the meantime she has started anew, here at-

quinbrowne.blogspot.com.

Please do me a huge favor and "follow" her blog if you ever loved her Six Sentences or her musings.

6 comments:

Paul D Brazill said...

Of course, being a limey I didn't know who Will Durst was but I've checked him out and I'm flattered!

Nomad said...

Bea Arthur was the alpha Golden Girl
she'll be missed

Cormac Brown said...

Paulie Decibels,

Unfortunately Will is also obscure on this side of the pond. He is a modern Will Rogers, a good TV host and a comedian has had not so good career luck. He was screwed, as were many when an agent rigged the second season of "Last Comic Standing" so that the majority of his clients appeared on the show, and many deserving comedians were left at home.

PBS (Public Television) gave him a series called "Working" (I'm not 100% on the title) which he followed Americans to work, at every level and every shift. It was inspiring stuff, except that PBS won't release it to regular DVD, so if you didn't catch it the first time, good luck.

Nomad,

Welcome and yes, she will be missed. Nice coffee blog you have there.

Pyzahn said...

Thanks....I was going to head to Wikipedia to read up on Will Durst. Now I feel more informed. The world really needs a modern Will Rogers. Too much cynicism out there...sez the ultimate cynic. But I'm not being cynical when I say that. I need a good example to show me a better way.

Gifted Typist said...

Will have to check out some Will

Cormac Brown said...

Pyzahn,

I think you'll dig Will Durst, he's a good beacon.

Gifted,

Absolutely.