Thursday, June 11, 2009

Four Score

Paulie Decibels tagged me with the Four Play Meme that apparently started with our set at The Rap Sheet, and has since hit every amateur crime writer like a broke paparazzo going after Susan Boyle.

4 movies you would watch over and over again:

Goodfellas
Groundhog Day
Cop Land
Tombstone

4 places you have lived:

Parma, Italy
Venezia (Venice), Italy
A Black Hole of A City In The East Bay That Does Not Deserved To Be Named, California
San Francisco, California

4 TV shows you love to watch:

The Tick (both live and animated versions)
The Wire (still have yet to see or buy the last two seasons)
The Sopranos
Scrubs

4 places you have been on vacation:

Negril, Jamaica
London, England
Paris, France
The NYC, New York

4 of your favorite foods:

Sushi
Spaghetti ala pesto Genovese
Virtually anything with eggplant in it.
Steak

4 Web sites you visit daily:

SF Gate
Statcounter
You Would Say That, Wouldn't You (Paulie has all the relevant links)
A Gasping Little Voice (Quin talks softly, but her words hit you like a big stick)

4 places you would rather be right now:

Back East, hanging with The In-Laws.
Venezia. Late May through early June and the weather is just perfect.
Hawaii. Haven't been since I was eight.
Japan. I've never been west of Hawaii.

4 things you want to do before you die:

Put my son through college.
Buy a house.
Get my anthology published.
Have my work adapted for the silver screen.

4 books you wish you could read again for the first time:

"Sailor On The Seas of Fate"
"Red Harvest"
"A Red Death"
"Street Raised"

Tag 4 people you think will respond:

Let's go with five, four is an unlucky number.
The Missus
Quin
Editor JDC
Stephanie
Becky

16 comments:

Unknown said...

Done and done
http://johndonaldcarlucci.blogspot.com/

You never thought I'd be back.

JDC

Cormac Brown said...

Johnny Dollars,

"You never thought I'd be back."

Now, did I say that? Moi? Glad to see you on the Internet again and I like what I've seen of your meem.

Unknown said...

I just had a slice of Jin's Rhubarb-strawberry pie mmmmmmMMMMMmmmmmmmmmMmmmmmmmmmmMMMmMMMMmmmmMMMMmMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmMMMMMMmmMMmMmmmmmmmmmmMmMMMmmmmmmmmMMMMmmmmmMMmmmmMmmmmmMMMmmm
JDC

Cormac Brown said...

Johnny Dollars,

Er...

Some Guy said...

You don't visit my site every day, CB? I'm crushed!

Pyzahn said...

I knew it. You are a pyzahn posing as a scotsman. That's almost unforgivable.

But you like eggplant so I guess that evens it out.

p.s. Esquire is having a fiction writing contest. You can check it out at.....
www.esquire.com/fiction-contest

pattinase (abbott) said...

I put GROUNDHOG DAY down but my husband accused me of repetitiveness.

Cormac Brown said...

Chris,

You don't blog every day like you used to. I still pop over five times a week.

Pyzahn,

Sono uno Paisano solomente nel mio cuore. Oh, and the name is the Gaelic.

Thank you, I really, really appreciate the Esquire link. Sandra Seamans had already got me hip to it, three weeks ago and I've been putting off sending in a story that I've been hoarding.

Patti,

Hopefully you haven't driven your spouse crazy like I have with "I Got You Babe" and "The Pennsylvania Polka."

Paul D Brazill said...

I have to see Tombstone. It's passed me by for some reason ...

Cormac Brown said...

Paulie Decibels,

One of the greatest westerns of all time, and that's just dialogue-wise. It is greatness, it is layered and you will come away with something different with each viewing.

David Cranmer said...

My wife and I still watch Scrubs, though it has been showing its age for some time. And I will have to check out this A Gasping Little Voice. (Hey, a post header of yours just popped up saying you're quitting crime fiction. I hope that's not true)

Cormac Brown said...

David,

"Scrubs" has been long in the tooth for quite some time, yet there isn't another sitcom that can quite match it for replay value, thought provocation and belly laughs.

"Hey, a post header of yours just popped up saying you're quitting crime fiction. I hope that's not true"

No, I apologize. I thought once you delete a post, Google Reader and the Blogger links would get rid of it. I put a post up saying I was giving up crime writing to dedicate myself to this genre. It was strictly tongue-in-cheek and I was bored with it seconds after it was published.

Joe said...

I like those lists of fours. Can I appropriate it for myself?

Cormac Brown said...

Bubs,

You certainly may, uh, though already did. Memes are public property anyway, just give credit to the orignal author.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Cormac Brown said...

Disa,

Sp*mmers s*ck.