Friday, August 14, 2009

I Wish I Could Be Clearer...

...but I can't. I'm not trying to be willfully obtuse.

Well, I'll put it you another way, what is this in the picture below?



Have you figured it out? You still don't know?



Look carefully and you'll see Roosevelt's face. That's right, it's a dime and no, nobody "dropped it" on somebody else. Some bright ray of sunshine stuck this in an escalator, to jam it up on purpose. Needless to say he or she was quite successful.

Now, this particular incident didn't happen on my shift, but if it did? I'm the person that people would complain at (as opposed to "to"), despite the fact that there's absolutely nothing I can do about it.

It's not my department and really, most of the other complaints flung at me do not fall under my jurisdiction at all. This is simply a case of me being the target that is out in the wide open like a buffalo on the range. This is also symbolic of what goes on every day at my workplace; morons gumming up the works in general, fleeing and leaving me to deal with the consequences.

But you ask, what does my employer think of this?

Taken from Bizarro by Piraro's blog

Something akin to this Bizarro cartoon and if there were to be another panel, what would happen with that carrot and the stick wouldn't be PG-rated by any stretch of the imagination. Because that's the warm, compassionate and caring kind of company that I work for. Sure it's still illegal in some states in America, but they do it to us anyway.

They throw so many of us under the bus, that we should change our classification from "employees" to "speed bumps."

End of rant.



Resume what you were doing.




Don't cry for me, Argentina.

7 comments:

rebecca said...

This is the best and most entertaining 'vent' I've ever read. Feel free to vent anytime.... =)

Now, I would've never thought anyone would ever jam an escalator like that. Silly me to ask the question, "what for," if not, I guess, for their amusement that is certainly birthed from boredom.

David Cranmer said...

Ha! Great cartoon. I know people like that.

Cormac Brown said...

Rebecca,

I vent often, but logic overtakes me and I delete those posts.

It doesn't even take a dime to shut down an escalator. If someone stomps on a step just as it levels out at the bottom, the failsafe switch will typically shut the unit down. As to the whys, some of them are the mental ill that society casts out and the rest haven't been diagnosed as such...yet.

David,

Dan Piraro is one of my favorite cartoonists, along with Darby Conley, Keith Knight and Gary Larson.

Shelley Jaffe said...

Vent away, McDuff. We are all listening.

And because it's an emo-filled day anyways (wedding and whatnot), I WILL cry for you. [But I haven't been called "Argentina" since my Folie Bergeres days... ;)]

Cormac Brown said...

Dearest Baroness,

Save the tears for the all so serious and hopefully you won't have to do the chicken dance or the Electric Slide at the wedding.

Freida Bee said...

I almost wish I didn't know about that stomping on the bottom step for two reasons:

For one, I may now fear my children will do that, which really isn't all that inconceivable.

For two, I. will. be. tempted.

(But, I won't. It's what separates "us" from "them," of which I am both.)

Cormac Brown said...

Frieda,

It's not that great a temptation if you can remember that it will greatly inconvienence someone who is disabled or elderly. Channel your urges for mischief into fiction and blogging like I do.